Today, we have a very special guest, Nicky, a graduate of UC Berkeley. Nicky majored in film and minored in computer science, and we invited him onto the podcast because he has a lot of valuable insights and information about important things like selecting a major.
This is an area where many students and parents are stressing out about, and Nicky reveals how he was able to finally declare his major during his junior year. He also shares the pros and cons of UC Berkeley, specifically regarding the environment and the resources that were provided there, and much more.
We hope that you can gain some insight from Nicky’s journey, and after listening to this episode, you can decipher for yourself whether UC Berkeley would be a good fit for you!
I am hosting our final FREE Live Workshop of the year, 3 Essential Steps To Getting Accepted Into Your Dream Colleges (Even if you think you’re not unique or competitive enough), this coming Wednesday, October 19th. In this workshop, you can ask questions and learn the most updated college admission trends and strategies. You will also hear more about our college consulting program, Passion Project Bootcamp, as we’ll be opening enrollment to that during the FREE Live Workshop. Head on over to https://passionprep.com/live/ to reserve your free seat now. Again, this is the last event of the year, and I do not want you to miss out on it!
As always, if you have questions, please reach out to our support team at email@example.com. Also, I’d love to connect with you on Instagram – our new Instagram handle is: www.instagram.com/passion_prep.
TUNE IN BELOW:
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- A closer look at Nicky’s journey to selecting a major, and how and why he went from applied mathematics to film
- What this transition looked like for him, plus his advice for others who are looking to switch majors
- How Nicky dealt with the competitiveness of the programs at UC Berkeley
- What he believes would make a person an excellent fit for UC Berkeley
- A few of the drawbacks he saw during his time there, based on his personal experience
- Nicky’s advice for students wanting to attend UC Berkeley and specifically major in film studies or the computer science program
“It was really about finding what I was truly interested in, because that’s how you allow yourself to excel.”
“Nobody is going to reach out to you to hold your hand in these transitions, but if you’re willing to reach out, there are plenty of resources and help for you.”
“Even in a big class, it was somewhat easy to really [form] a relationship with a professor. I found that school has very down-to-earth, well-rounded and interested individuals.”
“Following what your gut or heart is telling you & that will ultimately lead you in the right place.”
- [FREE TRAINING] 3 Essential Steps To Getting Accepted Into Your Dream Ivy League & Top-Tier Colleges
- [PASSION PROJECT BOOTCAMP] Join Our Premier 1-Year Group College Consulting Program To Get Accepted Into Your Dream College!
- [NEXT LEVEL WAITLIST] Our Premier 1-Year Group College Consulting Program – Put Yourself On The Waitlist!
- [FREE LIVE WORKSHOP] Register For Our Last FREE Live Workshop Of The Year!
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW ON ITUNES
If you enjoyed the episode, consider subscribing on iTunes! You’ll get exclusive notifications when I upload episodes and if I release any bonus episodes, you’ll be the first to know. Click here to subscribe!
If you leave a review on iTunes, I may also give you a special shoutout–click here to leave a review! Be sure to select “Ratings” and then “Write a Review”, and let me know what you enjoyed the most about this episode or if you have any ideas for a future episode.
I’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas! Email your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.