Today, I’m joined by a very special guest, Andrew Kim, who is a graduate of Brown University, University of Cambridge, Harvard Medical School, and a White House Fellow. In this episode, Andrew reveals how he achieved all of his accomplishments. You’ll be surprised to hear that it wasn’t just by studying hard, which could come as a surprise coming from a doctor and researcher with such an impressive resume.
I’m really excited to share this episode with you because it’s crucial for high school students to hear from individuals who have already went through what you’re about to go through. I hope that Andrew’s story will also be a tremendous source of inspiration for your own college admissions journey.
If you are listening to this episode in January 2023, I’ll be hosting a series of Free Live Workshops, 3 Essential Steps to Getting Accepted Into Your Dream Colleges (even if you think you’re not unique or competitive enough). I’ll be sharing the latest college admissions trends and the proven strategies our students used to get accepted into Harvard, Yale, Stanford, UPenn, Cornell, John Hopkins, and many more.
During this Free Live Workshop, we will also be opening enrollment for our Premier 1-Year Group College Consulting Program, Passion Project Bootcamp Next Level. The Next Level 2023 Program is for YOU if you want to STAND OUT and WOW Ivy League & Top-tier colleges by strategizing your college admissions portfolio, creating your own Passion Project, and landing research/intern positions. You can reserve your seat for this Free Live Workshop now at https://passionprep.com/live. I can’t wait to see you there!
Get ready to open your “Congratulations, You’re Accepted!” letter from your dream college! You can reserve your spot for Passion Project Bootcamp, our 1-Year Group College Consulting Program to get you ACCEPTED into your dream college using your passion, strength and potential. Start your journey to your dream college here: https://passionprep.com/bootcamp!
As always, if you have questions, please reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also I’d love to connect with you on Instagram – our new Instagram handle is: www.instagram.com/passion_prep.
TUNE IN BELOW:
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- Andrew’s high school journey and the different career paths and passions he cultivated along the way!
- How and why he transitioned from literature to human biology in university, plus what his experience at Brown was like and how he made the decision to study at Cambridge!
- A closer look at the professional and personal aspects of Andrew’s time at Harvard Medical School while studying to be a doctor!
- His story of applying and being accepted into the White House Fellowship, and the way he managed imposter syndrome through this process!
- Andrew’s philosophy and perspectives on working hard, hustling and success!
- His advice for students going through the high school years, trying to find their passion and applying to colleges!
“That’s the thing, none of us are made up of a single passion and we contain a multitude [of passions], right? For the sake of college or med school applications, or when family members ask us at Christmas dinner, we often distill ourselves down into one or two more palatable things.”
“How do we make our plans and be diligent in committing to the values that underlie our plans, but at the same time, approach life with the openness for the unpredictability of whatever it throws at us?”
“Words like ‘flow’ and ‘surrender’ are tossed around a lot in the spiritual space, and it often sounds to many people like you’re giving up or you’re not really working hard, but it’s almost a shift from wrestling against the currents of life to flowing with the currents of life.”
“It’s so tempting in life to think months or years ahead of time. Honestly, if we try to plan that far in advance, life has so many other plans for us that 90 percent of those things don’t work out. What is the truest next step that you can take right now?”
- [FREE LIVE WORKSHOP] 3 Essential Steps You Must Implement In Order To Get Accepted Into Your Dream Ivy League & Top-Tier Colleges!
- [NEXT LEVEL] Our Premier 1-Year Group College Consulting Program!
- [PASSION PROJECT BOOTCAMP] Join Our Signature 1-Year Group College Consulting Program To Get Accepted Into Your Dream College!
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW ON ITUNES
If you enjoyed the episode, consider subscribing on iTunes! You’ll get exclusive notifications when I upload episodes and if I release any bonus episodes, you’ll be the first to know. Click here to subscribe!
If you leave a review on iTunes, I may also give you a special shoutout–click here to leave a review! Be sure to select “Ratings” and then “Write a Review”, and let me know what you enjoyed the most about this episode or if you have any ideas for a future episode.
I’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas! Email your suggestions to email@example.com.