We talk a lot about our students’ passions and helping them find their interests and values, but today, I want to focus on how families play a role in the college admissions process with my special guest, Elizabeth West of EWC College Consulting.
In this great conversation with Elizabeth, we take a deeper look at the parents’ roles. You’ll discover the new college admission trends that we’re seeing, and she gives her best advice for students who are currently on their college admissions journey.
I love the humor, expertise, and wisdom Elizabeth brings to the podcast, so I’m excited for you to meet her, to laugh and to learn with us today!
As a reminder, mark your calendars for March 15th, 2023 at 5pm PST / 8pm EST as we are hosting a Live Free Training to discuss the latest college admissions trends! I’ll also be sharing 3 strategies you must implement and walk you through how to plan for your upcoming summer break. You can reserve your seat here at https://passionprep.com/live, but hurry as spots are very limited!
Get ready to open your “Congratulations, You’re Accepted!” letter from your dream college! You can reserve your spot for Passion Project Bootcamp, our 1-year group college consulting program to get you ACCEPTED into your dream college using your passion, strength and potential. Start your journey to your dream college https://passionprep.com/bootcamp!
As always, if you have questions, please reach out to our support team at email@example.com. Also I’d love to connect with you on Instagram – our new Instagram handle is: www.instagram.com/passion_prep.
TUNE IN BELOW:
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- Some common struggles Elizabeth sees when working with high school students in their undergraduate admission journey.
- Why it is key to manage their expectations about being accepted into certain colleges due to the competitive nature of the process.
- Ways that parents can support their children in their college journey right now.
- What impact the increase in college deferrals is having on students.
- Her thoughts on SAT and test submissions being optional, among other ideas.
- The “graduate conversation” and what specific questions Elizabeth asks the students she works with.
“As a parent, I am reading and learning to identify that it’s not my journey. It is their journey, and I am there to support and guide, but I am not in control.”
“When I work with parents, and being a parent, what I find is that the best role that you play is someone who is being very flexible and open.”
“The benefit [of working one-on-one with a student] is they tell me more than they are going to tell when [their parents] are in the room. There is an external factor there that doesn’t allow for as much openness.”
“The major thing that is very timely, and it’s a little different this year, is the amount of deferrals; the deferred decision at the colleges and universities.”
- [LIVE FREE TRAINING] Attend our Live Free Training, 3 Essential Steps to Getting Accepted Into Your Dream Colleges, on Wednesday, March 15th, 2023 at 5pm PST / 8pm EST!
- [PASSION PROJECT BOOTCAMP] Join Our Signature 1-Year Group College Consulting Program To Get Accepted Into Your Dream College!
- [NEXT LEVEL WAITLIST] Our Premier 1-Year Group Consulting Program – Put Yourself On The Waitlist For Our 2024 Cohort!
- Elizabeth’s Website, Instagram & Podcast
- Tell Me More: Stories About the 12 Hardest Things I’m Learning to Say by Kelly Corrigan
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW ON ITUNES
If you enjoyed the episode, consider subscribing on iTunes! You’ll get exclusive notifications when I upload episodes and if I release any bonus episodes, you’ll be the first to know. Click here to subscribe!
If you leave a review on iTunes, I may also give you a special shoutout–click here to leave a review! Be sure to select “Ratings” and then “Write a Review”, and let me know what you enjoyed the most about this episode or if you have any ideas for a future episode.
I’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas! Email your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t use iTunes? You can also find us on Spotify, Google Play, and Stitcher!