In this episode, I’m speaking with Dr. Tim Jordan, the leading expert on parenting girls and helping them navigate through their normal developmental transformations, allowing them to emerge as strong, happy, and fulfilled women.
TUNE IN BELOW:
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- Why girls are more pressured and stressed out about school and grades
- Why the pressure about that “one path” is dangerous
- Why girls are conditioned to believe that “success” comes in a straight line
- How you might be subtly sending the message that your daughter needs to be perfect.
- “Why do you want to go to college?”
- Why girls don’t want to disappoint their parents
- The importance of trusting your yearnings
- Why you should stop rescuing your child
“Value passion where you find it.”
“You don’t get into flow moments if you’re told to do something.”
“Change your “should to a “want to” if you can’t, do something else.”
“Parents, listen more and ask why questions.”
“It’s never late to shift gears.”
“Learn to enjoy quiet time.”
“I need to figure this out for me.”
- Dr. Tim Jordan’s Website
- Letters from my Grandfather by Dr. Tim Jordan
- [BLOG] 8 Questions To Ask Your Child
If you need support with how to find your passion and get accepted into your dream college, click here to book a strategy session with Julie to assess whether you would be a great fit to work with Julie and our team!
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW ON ITUNES
If you enjoyed the episode, consider subscribing on iTunes! You’ll get exclusive notifications when I upload episodes and if I release any bonus episodes, you’ll be the first to know. Click here to subscribe!
If you leave a review on iTunes, I may also give you a special shoutout–click here to leave a review! Be sure to select “Ratings” and then “Write a Review”, and let me know what you enjoyed the most about this episode or if you have any ideas for a future episode.
I’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas! Email your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t use iTunes? You can also find us on Spotify, Google Play, and Stitcher!