When I was in high school, I was clueless about the college admissions journey. Until one day, I met my mentor, who changed my life. She showed me what was possible, identified my weakness and strengths, provided me with all the resources that I needed. Most importantly, this mentor truly cared about my education and aspirations.
15 years later, I am now a mentor guiding my wonderful high school students identify their interests and passion, strategizing college admissions plans, and helping them gain clarity and confidence in the most vulnerable and important years of their lives.
In this episode, I’m sharing with you how having a mentor will benefit your high school teen and how it has changed my life, personally and academically.
TUNE IN BELOW:
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- Why your child is not taking your advice
- How you, as a parent, might be pressuring your child (without even realizing it!)
- Why high school students need a mentor
- How my mentor changed my personal and academic life
- The 4 benefits of having a mentor, especially as a high school student navigating the college admissions journey
- Why it’s important for your child to create a summer plan that is intentional and purposeful
- How to select a mentor who will be a great fit for your high school teen
- What questions to ask yourself when selecting a mentor or a college consultant
“It’s hard to believe that something is possible without evidence.”
“A good mentor will show your kid…”hey this is my story. This is my students’ stories. It’s possible for you too..“”
“If you don’t believe in yourself, the resources you have becomes meaningless.”
“Feeling good about my strength gave me a sense of self-confidence.”
“Everyone is born with a special gift. Everyone.”
“She did not take my dreams and educational goals lightly.”
If you need support with how to find your passion and get accepted into your dream college, click here to book a strategy session with Julie to assess whether you would be a great fit to work with Julie and our team!
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW ON ITUNES
If you enjoyed the episode, consider subscribing on iTunes! You’ll get exclusive notifications when I upload episodes and if I release any bonus episodes, you’ll be the first to know. Click here to subscribe!
If you leave a review on iTunes, I may also give you a special shoutout–click here to leave a review! Be sure to select “Ratings” and then “Write a Review”, and let me know what you enjoyed the most about this episode or if you have any ideas for a future episode.
I’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas! Email your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.