Are you starting to worry about how you (or your child) are going to pay for college? In this episode of Demystifying College Admissions, we have guest, Denise Thomas, whose mission is to educate parents who take an active role in supporting their children to live a life of financial freedom. Denise, a financial coach and international best selling author who has helped both of her children get through college debt-free, and wants to help you make this possible for your child as well!
TUNE IN BELOW:
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- The under-emphasized significance of the PSAT
- When you should start looking into scholarships from the colleges you want to attend
- How your SAT/ACT score can be relevant even after you’ve been admitted into the school of your dreams
- The best time to start the financial aid and scholarship side of the college process
- How often you should be applying for scholarships in your senior year
- How family members can help in the scholarship process
- What parents can do to provide a game-changing element to their child’s application process
- Important factors to consider if you are going to co-sign your child’s student loan
- The importance of educating your child about finances
“It never ceases to amaze me, the amount of misinformation that is still out there.”
“600,000 students graduate debt-free every year.”
“It’s about work ethic and figuring out what’s possible. If you really want to go to school debt-free, it is certainly doable.”
“There are opportunities; you just have to continue looking for them.”
“Always start close to home.”
“These people are looking for WHO you are.”
“It really comes down to doing what you like and what you’re good at and leveraging that in all areas.”
“Work ethic is hugely important!”
“Read the contract!”
- [WEBSITE] Get Ahead of the Class
- [WEBSITE] Dave Ramsey
- [FB GROUP] Conquer College Admissions
- [BLOG] How to Find Passion
IVY LEAGUE/TOP-TIER BOOTCAMP:
If you’d like to get started on your own right away and looking for a more affordable option, you can get started by registering for my course, Ivy League/Top-tier Bootcamp for only $997!
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW ON ITUNES
If you enjoyed the episode, consider subscribing on iTunes! You’ll get exclusive notifications when I upload episodes and if I release any bonus episodes, you’ll be the first to know. Click here to subscribe!
If you leave a review on iTunes, I may also give you a special shoutout–click here to leave a review! Be sure to select “Ratings” and then “Write a Review”, and let me know what you enjoyed the most about this episode or if you have any ideas for a future episode.
I’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas! Email your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.