You may have noticed the new intro and music at the start of this episode, and the purpose, mission and structure of this podcast is also shifting a bit. Moving forward we’re going to focus more on how mindset and mental health is going to help you get accepted into your dream college, and my goal is to help students live a healthier and more passionate life. I’m going to be also interviewing a lot of my past and current students inside my paid program, as well as coaching them and recording the session for the purpose of sharing the insights on this podcast, which I can’t wait to share with you.
Today’s episode is unique in that one of my students, Maddy, is interviewing me. One of her passion projects is her podcast, Simply Empowered, where she talks about mental health, education and many things that interest teenagers today. Today you’ll hear my appearance on Maddy’s podcast, which I’m super excited about because you’ll listen to us cover a ton of topics such as college admissions, college application essays, mindset and so much more!
TUNE IN BELOW:
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- What I feel are the most important elements of a college application
- How you can best share your story, character and personal qualities with admissions officers
- The keys to writing strong supplemental essays
- How to maximize the impact of your extracurricular activities and whether or not it’s too late to add a passion project if you are already a senior
- The amazing ways that a shift in mindset can benefit your college application
- How to address the issue of the pandemic if it has affected your preparation, and why in the end, authenticity is really what matters
“The only way that you can demonstrate who you really are is through a story.”
“We’ve been told not to brag, but the college application is really a time for you to show your skills and what you’ve been doing. It’s a chance for the admissions officers to learn more about you.”
“The college you go to isn’t all who of who you are. It doesn’t define you completely, and you can always make something of your future, regardless of what college you go to.”
“Don’t pretend to be someone else. The college should be accepting you for who you are, what your personality is, and for your work ethic.”
- [FREE MASTERCLASS] 4 Step Framework to STAND OUT So You Get ACCEPTED Into Your Dream Ivy League & Top-tier Colleges
- [DIGITAL COURSE] Passion Project Bootcamp
- [WEBSITE] Maddy’s Podcast
THE IVY LEAGUE FORMULA PROGRAM:
A 6-month group college consulting program that will get you to STAND OUT and WOW elite college admissions officers by creating your very own powerful Passion Project. Make sure to sign up soon. Spaces are filling up fast!
Don’t cost yourself the chance of getting into your dream Ivy League/Top-Tier school. Follow my 4-step framework for getting accepted. Reserve Your Spot Now!
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW ON ITUNES
If you enjoyed the episode, consider subscribing on iTunes! You’ll get exclusive notifications when I upload episodes and if I release any bonus episodes, you’ll be the first to know.Click here to subscribe!
If you leave a review on iTunes, I may also give you a special shoutout–click here to leave a review! Be sure to select “Ratings” and then “Write a Review”, and let me know what you enjoyed the most about this episode or if you have any ideas for a future episode.
I’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas! Email your suggestions to email@example.com.
Don’t use iTunes? You can also find us on Spotify, Google Play, and Stitcher!