Do you have perfect test scores, yet you’re still worrying about not getting accepted into your dream college (given the fierce competition?)
Today’s guest is Anthony, a current student of The Passion Project Bootcamp, and in this episode, he discusses his concerns about getting rejected – even though he has a strong GPA and SAT/ACT scores.
This is something that shows up for a lot of high school students, and I coach Anthony on how to make perspective shifts that will serve him in a positive way and what he can do right now to create a standout factor to strengthen his college application. You’ll also hear how he landed a research position, created a passion project and many more amazing things as a student in the Passion Project Bootcamp.
I hope this gives you a better idea of what goes on inside one of our paid programs here at Julie Kim Consulting. Again, it felt incredible to have another coaching call here where a student can share the insights, wins, and biggest takeaways!
As I mentioned in the last episode, The Passion Project Bootcamp is open for enrollment from Monday, October 12th, 2020 to Thursday, October 15th, 2020 at 11:55 pm PST! Enrollment only happens twice a year, and we’re offering $500 off the price with the Code “OCT2020”!
I’m so excited because we’re also including bonuses that we’ve never added before, including 4 coaching calls, How to Land Research Positions Training Session, and How to brainstorm your Passion Project Zoom session. Make sure to head over to https://passionprep.com/ppbc to join this round of The Passion Project Bootcamp, and if you are currently a student of the program, you will also get all of the new bonuses listed too!
TUNE IN BELOW:
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- A common misconception about college applications, and how I helped Anthony shift his mindset and focus on what really matters
- What colleges today are looking for in applications, plus why it’s not just about the metrics or the numbers
- The ways Anthony can get started on organizing impactful events as part of his passion project right away
- More tips for getting published in newspapers and magazines, and details of The Professor Outreach System we teach to students
- The action steps Anthony has taken so far, and two additional action steps he will be taking to gain even more momentum
- Anthony’s advice on how to stop comparing yourself to others – so you can focus on you
“We tend to overcomplicate the application process, and when you think that way you’re going further and further away from who you truly are.”
“Don’t wait around for funding for your events. Just go for it. There are things that you can do for free, and sometimes you don’t need the money.”
“When you reach out to research physicians, just have fun with it. Hop on calls with professors and see what they suggest.”
“It’s really easy to get stressed out, but what you really have to learn to do is not compare yourself to others. Your situation is unique, and what you do really works.”
- [FREE MASTERCLASS] 4 Step Framework to STAND OUT So You Get ACCEPTED Into Your Dream Ivy League & Top-tier Colleges
Getting into Ivy League & Top-tier colleges doesn’t require perfection.
I repeat: You do NOT have to be perfect.
You also don’t have to spend a million hours volunteering, get perfect test scores, or be a star athlete.
What is required is understanding How to STAND OUT.
Join me for the FREE #ACCEPTED Masterclass where you’ll learn:
- [DIGITAL COURSE] Passion Project Bootcamp – Enroll Now!
Passion Project Bootcamp is a digital course where you get my proven framework to brainstorm, strategize, execute, and scale your Passion Project, so you can get into your Ivy League or Top-tier school of choice!
- Using my 4-step framework, you’ll create your BEST Passion Project that will capture the attention of the college admissions officers you want to impress.
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW ON ITUNES
If you enjoyed the episode, consider subscribing on iTunes! You’ll get exclusive notifications when I upload episodes and if I release any bonus episodes, you’ll be the first to know.Click here to subscribe!
If you leave a review on iTunes, I may also give you a special shoutout–click here to leave a review! Be sure to select “Ratings” and then “Write a Review”, and let me know what you enjoyed the most about this episode or if you have any ideas for a future episode.
I’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas! Email your suggestions to email@example.com.
Don’t use iTunes? You can also find us on Spotify, Google Play, and Stitcher!